Selected Project Examples
Master plan for transport of refined petroleum products, Mauritania
The Mauritanian transport sector for refinery products is characterized by substantial shortcomings in tanker trucks, ships, port logistics, rail transport and pipelines. This concerns not only the regulatory regime, cost, quality, safety and efficiency, but also competition and the investment behavior of private investors. For this reason, the World Bank is supporting this project, in which Fichtner, in a first step, is analyzing the present condition of the transport sector in addition to identifying technical improvements and cost-reduction measures. In a further step, we will develop a master plan for the period to 2022.
- Investigation of transport sector for refinery products
- Development of a transport master plan for the period up to 2022
- Recommendations for regulations for hydrocarbon transportation
- Diversification of safety, security of supply, environmental aspects and costs
- Development of approaches to encourage private investment