Changes in the legal and commercial environment, that often arise subsequently, call into question the viability of investment projects. Particularly in the renewable energies sector, this has the result that generating plants become uneconomic. Delays in the construction of facilities provide grounds for claims against suppliers. Legal interventions that shorten approved operation, like in the nuclear energy sector, result in economic loss. These conflicts are fought out in national and international arbitration proceedings as well as through legal action in courts of jurisdiction. Acting as technical and commercial appraisers, Fichtner assists plaintiffs and defendants.
- Determination of damage and damage limitation
- Technical conformity and commensurability
- Costs, cost bandwidths and reasonableness of costs
- Opinion reports and expert appraisals
- Hearings and participation in other procedures