Our experience in the photovoltaic (PV) sector is based on handling several hundred projects in over 70 countries on all inhabited continents. Our experts are equally conversant with the requirements of national and international investors and development banks as they are with local energy supply markets, tariff structures and permit application procedures.
We maintain centers of expertise in Stuttgart (Germany), Italy, Spain, the UK, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia in order to cater for the services requested and to carry out our PV projects worldwide.
We handle large-scale ground-mounted plants with up to several GW of installed capacity, as well as floating PV (FPV), agrivoltaic, rooftop PV and building-integrated PV plants (BIPV). Our services range from independent project review (technical due diligence) and feasibility study, to detail engineering and tendering, through to site supervision, acceptance testing and monitoring of plant operation.
We assist our clients by providing planning and consultancy services in the role of owner’s engineer as well as a complete range of services throughout all project phases as lender’s engineer. As transaction advisor in major IPP projects, we prepare basic designs and yield simulations while also assisting the client during contract negotiations through to signing of the PPA and financial close.
Our hybrid experts work on hybrid projects on islands and in off-grid regions, comprising technologies such as photovoltaics, wind power, battery storage (BESS), fossil-fired power plants, solar thermal (CSP), and biogas. The optimization and techno-economic simulation of hybrid systems is achieved using our own in-house developed and independently certified Hybrid Configurator.
- Owner’s engineer throughout all project phases
- Lender’s technical advisor (LTA)
- Transaction advisor in major IPP projects
- Technical due diligences (e.g. yield forecasts, technology assessment, EPC and O&M contract review, technical review of financial models)
- Feasibility studies
- Conceptual/basic design and yield simulations
- Site supervision
- Participating in acceptance testing and commissioning, factory acceptance tests (FAT)
- Operation & maintenance monitoring
- Thermographic (IR) measurements, I-V curve measurements (current-voltage curve)
- Verifying plant output and performance
- Modeling photovoltaic hybrid systems in line with the VDE PB-014 specification