Our experience in the photovoltaic (PV) sector is based on handling several hundred projects in over 50 countries on all inhabited continents.
We handle large-scale ground-mounted as well as roof-mounted and building-integrated PV plants, from initial feasibility study, through detail engineering and tendering, up to site supervision, acceptance testing and monitoring of plant operation. Acting as owner’s engineer, we assist our clients by providing planning and consultancy services and likewise as lender’s engineer we offer a complete range of services for all project phases.
So that plants based on solar energy will also be able to supply power independently of insolation, they are now being combined with conventional generation plants and energy storage. For planning such hybrid supply systems, Fichtner has developed its own hybrid calculator to simulate complex hybrid systems.
- Project appraisals
- Technical due diligence audits
- Energy yield forecasts and solar irradiance assessments
- Assessments of the technologies of PV cells and PV modules – crystalline, thin film
- Factory acceptance tests and acceptance trials of PV plants
- Thermographic (IR) measurements, measurement of I-V curves (current-voltage characteristics)
- Verification of plant output and performance
- Modeling of PV hybrid systems