Fichtner has been playing an active role in the success story of wind energy since the 1980s. For example, Fichtner as owner’s engineer rendered consultancy services for the first wind farms in Germany, assisted in capacity expansion in developing countries, and advised the German Research and Development Ministry on its first wind energy program, from which later the EEG Renewable Energy Sources Act was developed.
Today, the Fichtner Group offers a network of highly qualified engineers and consultants with expertise in all aspects of onshore and offshore wind energy. Our experts are equally conversant with the challenges of German and international investors and development banks as they are with local energy supply markets, tariff structures and permit application procedures.
As owner's engineer, we assist our clients in all technical and commercial aspects, from initial project idea up to wind farm commissioning. As lender’s engineer, we prepare due diligence reports and monitor project realization and commissioning.
In the field of wind & site assessment Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG is accredited by DAkkS in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 for the scope listed in the annex of certificate D-PL-21362-01-00.
View certificate of accreditation
More information about wind & site assessments
List of procedures within the flexible scope of accreditation
Services in the wind energy sectors:
- Owner’s engineer throughout all project phases
- Energy yield assessments and wind measurements
- General site selection and turbine micrositing
- Feasibility studies
- Conceptual engineering, FEED, and detail design
- Drawing up operation and maintenance concepts
- Tendering and contract award for EPC and IPP projects
- Construction supervision
- Wind turbine inspections
- Analyses of operating data (post construction EYA)
- Lifetime assessments
- Due diligence reviews
Specific services for offshore wind energy:
- Owner‘s engineering for offshore grid tie-in
- Geotechnical expert in accordance with BSH standards (Federal German Maritime and Hydrographic Agency)
- Soil investigations in accordance with BSH standards
- Geotechnical design and concept studies for foundations
Services within the accredited sector:
- Evaluation of measurement-derived wind data (met mast, SoDAR & LiDAR) and wind resource assessments
- Pre-construction wind resource and energy yield assessments for on- and offshore wind farms
- Post-construction energy yield assessments for on- and offshore wind farms
- Determination of the wind turbine reference yield and site quality – specific services required for wind farm commissioning in Germany in connection with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG)