With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
For projects in the MENA region we are seeking experienced freelance
Wind energy site civil engineer (m/f)
As Site Civil Engineer you will assist in the daily monitoring of the civil construction works on the site of the wind farm project. You will represent Fichtner, acting as a technical advisor for the owner of the wind farm.
You will have following responsibilities
- Support and assist construction manager on the site.
- Daily presence on the site and follow-up of ongoing construction works.
- Review and understand wind farm design documents. Inspect daily works and ensure the execution is according to the approved design (issued for construction).
- Quality control of the ongoing works and keeping a log of all comments, changes, deviations, non-conformities or damages in executed works.
- Ensure, in collaboration with health and safety manager on the site, that the applicable health and safety procedures and regulations are followed on the site by all active parties. Enforce stop work authority in case of any harmful situation until the situation is cleared.
- Prepare discipline relevant aspects and attend weekly meetings with contractors, owner and other involved party.
- Assist in drafting periodic reports about the ongoing construction works on the site, main events, delays including. Report will include a health and safety section.
- Communicate with and report to Site Superivor and if required Fichtner personnel at the home office. Accompany and assist other Fichtner personnel on site visits.
- Answer to the Client’s requests, accompany client personnel on site visit as required.
- Inspect materials and equipment arriving to the site, log damages and non-confomitites and draft punch lists.
Following qualifications are required
- Civil engineering degree with at least 5 years work experience
- Experience in managing and/or supervising civil works
- Experience in wind energy as a site manager for at least one 20 MW project
- Experience with execution of wind turbines foundations desired
- Fluent in English and French language, spoken and written
What we offer
- International, technically challenging projects
- Wide degree of latitude for your own judgment within our projects
- Long-term projects for clients of high repute
Interested? Then send your complete application dossier stating your salary expectations and the earliest date at which you could start, quoting reference 2017F029, to freelancer[spam-protect]@fichtner[spam-protect].de.