With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
For a project in Egypt ending June 2019 we are seeking an experienced
Wind energy construction manager (m/f)
You will have following responsibilities
- Daily presence on the site supervising the ongoing construction works and coordinating the involved parties.
- Review and understand wind farm design documents. Inspect daily works and ensure the execution is according to the approved design (issued for construction).
- Quality control of the ongoing works and keeping a log of all comments, changes, deviations, non-conformities or damages in executed works.
- Ensure, in collaboration with health and safety manager on the site, that the applicable health and safety procedures and regulations are followed on the site by all active parties. Enforce stop work authority in case of any harmful situation until the situation is cleared.
- Organize and lead weekly meetings (minimum interval) with contractors, owner and other involved parties.
- Draft periodic reports about the ongoing construction works on the site, including main events, progress, action items and clarifications required, quality assurance, time schedule and delays, health and safety.
- Communicate with and report to Fichtner project manager at the home office and the Owner’s project manager. Make arrangements for, accompany and assist the Owner’s and Fichtner personnel on site visits.
- Answer to the Client’s requests, accompany client personnel on site visit as required.
- Inspect materials and equipment arriving to the site, log damages and non-confomitites and draft punch lists.
Following qualifications are required
- Civil engineering degree with at least 10 years work experience.
- Experience in managing and/or supervising large construction sites.
- Experience in wind energy field as a site manager for at least 50 MW.
- Experience with execution of wind turbines foundations desired.
- Fluent in English language. Basic Arabic knowledge is a plus.
What we offer
- International, technically challenging projects
- Wide degree of latitude for your own judgment within our projects
- Long-term projects for clients of high repute
Interested? Then send your complete application dossier stating your salary expectations and the earliest date at which you could start, quoting reference 2017F028, to freelancer[spam-protect]@fichtner[spam-protect].de.