With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
For a rehabilitation project in Babil/Iraq starting October 2016 until December 2017 we are seeking an experienced freelance
Your project activities
- Onsite supervision of the rehabilitation of a Babcock Hitachi Boiler built 1987, 300MW - superheated steam as part of Al Mussaib thermal power plant rehabilitation project
- Mechanical engineering degree
- 15 years experience as mechanical engineer in Thermal Power Plants with good knowledge of boilers and boiler installation/rehabilitation work
- Thorough knowledge of design, operation and maintenance of boilers
- Knowledge of requirement relevant international welding techniques
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementation of quality surveillance of heavy mechanical plant installation with emphasis on boilers
- Site construction and / or commissioning experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to handle work pressure and feedback
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule assigned tasks
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English language)
- Fully proficient in MS-Office and MS-Project
What we offer
- International, technically challenging projects
- Wide degree of latitude for your own judgment within our projects
- Long-term projects for clients of high repute
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Thomas Agethen under +49 711/8995-1595.
Interested? Then send your complete application dossier stating your salary expectations and the earliest date at which you could start, quoting reference 2016F048, to freelancer[spam-protect]@fichtner[spam-protect].de.