With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
For future worldwide projects we are seeking an experienced
Environmental Management Expert (m/f)
Your project activities will be related to
- Assignments on short-term basis with a duration of some weeks up to some months, to lead or support a multi-disciplinary project team in the preparation of environmental & social impact assessments or other studies as necessary. The assignments usually include business travels to Africa, Asia, Latin-America and Eastern and South East Europe for field works, meetings etc. varying in the duration from some days up to some weeks. The work includes office works either at your home office, at Fichtner’s home office in Stuttgart or at the employer’s location.
- Long-term assignments with a duration of some months or years for specific projects in the area of the project location in Europe, Africa, Asia or South-America. The project tasks are usually required to be undertaken by working in a project team.
- Well educated environmental related consultant profile
- Master degree in environmental science and/or engineering
- Experience in the preparation of EIA, ESIA, Environmental Management Plans and in the execution of Environmental Audits
- Experience in the application of geographical information systems
- 10 to 20 years of working experience
- Intensive working experience in the application of international environmental guidelines, handbooks and performance standards
- Working experience in projects under construction
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule assigned tasks
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English, French and/or Spanish language
- Experience in the African, South-East Asia and/or South America region
- Fully proficient in MS-Office and MS-Project
What we offer
- International, technically challenging projects
- Wide degree of latitude for your own judgment within our projects
- Short-term and long-term projects for clients of high repute
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Mr. Thomas Agethen under +49 711 8995-1595.
Interested? Please send your comprehensive CV dossier to freelancer[spam-protect]@fichtner[spam-protect].de. (Reference Job ID: 2017F002) We will contact you in case your CV matches a specific project position in the field of expertise.