With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
For a hydropower plant project in Indonesia starting August 2016 until April 2018 we are seeking an experienced freelance
Civil Structural Engineering Specialist (m/f)
Your project activities
- Review and approve all necessary analyzes, calculations and modification of design to actual field conditions whenever necessary as prepared by the contractor
- Review and approve shop drawings, engineering design and the proposal on quality assurance and quality control document
- Conduct construction supervision to ensure the compliance with the contract document as of technical specifications and construction drawings
- Check and approve the construction methods and site works carried out by the contractor
- Examine and certify the work qualities performed by the contractor
- Prepare report of change of the work due to unforeseen condition
- Inspection and direction of preventive health, safety and environment control measures, check and approve the contractors assurance and control program
- Follow up in a computerized system schedule budget and activities of costs
- Provide technical, financial and administrative reports
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 15 years working experience as structures engineer on hydropower plant project with a minimum capacity of 50 MW
- Experience in design and supervision of hydropower projects in particular hydropower weirs / spillways and interfaces between hydraulic concrete works and steel structures such as gates, cranes and bridges
What we offer
- International, technically challenging projects
- Wide degree of latitude for your own judgment within our projects
- Long-term projects for clients of high repute
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Thomas Agethen under +49 711 8995-1595.
Interested? Then send your complete application dossier stating your salary expectations and the earliest date at which you could start, quoting reference 2016F053, to freelancer[spam-protect]@fichtner[spam-protect].de.