Senior Hydrogen Consultant (m/f/x)
With some 1,800 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent engineering and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than one hundred countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
About The Department
The world is in transformation, and the need to conserve our resources and protect our climate means that sustainability, decarbonization and energy efficiency are among the most important issues of our time.
Our “Energy Economics and Hydrogen” department develops innovative solutions for our clients to meet the challenges of the energy transition, thus making an important contribution to resource conservation and climate protection.
We are looking for individuals to support us in handling the interesting tasks in this field and in organizing this growing department at our offices in Berlin or Stuttgart. With us, you will gain interesting insights into the most dynamic growth sector of the energy industry and tackle a diverse spectrum of tasks while realizing your potential across a broad range of professional and personal skills. You can find out more about our world-leading, innovative hydrogen department by visiting www.fichtner-hydrogen.com
To maintain our sustainable growth process, we are looking to fill a permanent position as
(Junior) Hydrogen Consultant (m/f/x)
In our challenging projects, you will be deployed in a variety of ways according to your personal strengths. In doing so, you will work on tasks independently and thus make an important contribution to the success of the project. You will take responsibility in the handling of projects and present your results to our clients. We will develop the main focus of your work together with you according to your individual skills and development interests from among the following areas:
- Development of national hydrogen strategies and roadmaps as well as deriving recommendations for action in politics, economy and society
- Monitoring the energy and climate policy discussions at national and international level on regulatory issues, such as the certification of green hydrogen or the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM)
- Preparing market and potential analyses as well as concept and feasibility studies along the various elements of the value chain for hydrogen and its derivatives
- Performing strategic monitoring and assessment of global market developments in the hydrogen segment and related areas of the energy sector
- Conducting techno-economic analyses and assessments of policies, business models, project portfolios, and existing facilities and infrastructures (due diligence)
- Implementation and management of consulting projects on various issues from the field of project and business development in the context of decarbonization, sustainability and sector coupling
Education You have successfully completed a degree in business administration, industrial engineering, engineering, or a similar subject.
Experience Based on your previous career, you are already familiar with managing projects and leading employees.
Motivation You are interested in tackling the technical and economic aspects of hydrogen projects and are enthusiastic about topics relating to the future of the energy sector.
Knowledge Through relevant, practical experience, you are familiar with both technical and economic aspects in the field of energy and ideally already have knowledge of hydrogen. You have the necessary methodological competence to prepare and communicate complicated topics in a concise and appropriate manner.
Skills You have quick comprehension, analytical thinking as well as an independent and proactive way of working.
Personality You enjoy learning new things by sharing with others and are able to impress us with your creativity, communication skills, ability to work in a team, and assertiveness.
Languages A very good command of German and a business-fluent command of English round off your profile.
- We provide an environment that unites enduring value with innovative capability
- Culture of staff appreciation, equal opportunity and attractive career prospects in an international job environment with staff originating from more than 40 nations
- Long-term development opportunities, with our staff’s average length of service standing at 10 years
- Wide degree of latitude, flexible working hours and the ability to work under your own responsibility
- Comprehensive fringe benefits, workplace health promotion, e-bike leasing, company get-togethers and communal sporting activities
- Conveniently located offices with company car park and very good connections to public transportation
- An office canteen with a choice of freshly prepared menus
- A comprehensive and thorough induction with the possibility to participate in training and further education programs as well as languages courses in a company whose support you can always rely on and a working environment that promotes job satisfaction
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read the data protection information of the Fichtner Group. For more information about how your personal data is handled and how to exercise your rights, please view our Data Protection guideline.
Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG
+49 (711) 8995 1550