With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
To support global construction projects in our ‘Renewable Energies and Environment’ division, we are looking to fill a permanent full-time position at our company’s home office in Stuttgart / Germany with an experienced
Civil Engineer for the Fields of Hydraulic Engineering / Water Management / Structural Engineering (m/f/x)
- Providing professional consultancy on hydraulic engineering to clients all over the world
- Developing concepts for short- and longer-term measures, projects and undertakings related to waterbodies, dikes and water management facilities
- Taking responsibility in technical aspects for construction, conversion and rehabilitation of hydraulic structures and technical facilities
- Overseeing construction and commissioning of hydraulic structures, like weirs, locks and flood control installations
- Coordination, preparation, contract award, realization, acceptance and billing of construction measures related to waterbodies, dikes and water management facilities
- Drawing up tenders and technical specifications
- Preparing feasibility studies and market analyses
- Collaboration with external and internal project partners
- Supporting our sales department
- Technical degree in civil engineering
- At least five years of professional experience working as a hydraulic engineer in the design and realization of hydraulic structures
- Experience of using CAD software and GIS applications
- Expert knowledge of international public procurement legislation, which ideally will be complemented by knowledge of civil and water resources legislation, contract law and environmental law
- Tech-friendly, solution-oriented consulting specialist
- You have a very good command of English in both the written and spoken form, ideally possessing a solid command of German in addition to Spanish
- Team player practiced in dealing with inter-cultural environments and with experience in dealing with clients and project partners from different cultures
- Willingness to travel worldwide as part of handling projects
- Willingness to relocate to Stuttgart, Germany
- As an owner-managed family enterprise close to Stuttgart’s city center with a company tradition of over ninety years, we provide engineers with an environment that unites enduring value with innovative capability.
- A safe working environment and permanent employment contracts.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive fringe benefits.
- Conveniently located offices in a modern German metropolis.
- An office canteen with a choice of freshly prepared menus.
- Wide degree of latitude so you can work under your own responsibility.
- Company get-togethers, sporting activities, training and further education programs as well as languages courses.
- As a member of a team you can always rely on the support of your colleagues in a working environment that promotes job satisfaction.
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Thomas Agethen on +49 (711) 8995 1595.Apply now Go back to the list