With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
To maintain sustainable growth, we are looking to fill a permanent position as soon as possible with an experienced
Senior Photovoltaic Expert (m/f/x) / Senior Electrical Engineer for Photovoltaic Projects
This is a position assigned to our Renewable Energies and Environment business division. This division handles the engineering of all projects for power generation based on renewable energies. The Photovoltaics and Hybrid Systems technical department deals with large-scale ground-mounted, roof-mounted and building-integrated PV systems as well as (PV) hybrid systems that combine various renewable energies with electrical storage and conventional (e.g. diesel) power generation.
- Providing professional consultancy to our clients predominantly on photovoltaics and photovoltaic hybrid systems in projects worldwide
- Assisting with and managing international consultancy projects involving technical appraisals (due diligence) / owner’s engineering and/or independent power producers (IPPs) throughout the entire project lifecycle (from concept and feasibility studies through to the successful operation of the facilities)
- Collaboration with external and internal project partners
- Collaboration with our home office’s sales department during the concept phase of preparing tenders and technical specifications
- Degree in electrical engineering, business administration and engineering or a similar subject with expert knowledge of renewable energies
- Many years of experience in the field of large-scale photovoltaic plants and photovoltaic hybrid systems
- Experience of working as a consulting engineer, project developer, at an EPC contractor or energy utility
- Very good command of English, while a good command of French or other languages would be an advantage
- Experience in using yield simulation software (e.g. PVSyst) and/or MatLab and VBA programming would be an advantage
- Experience in the field of electrical storage systems would also be an advantage
- As an experienced engineer, you are skilled in dealing with clients and project partners from different cultural environments
- Willingness to travel as part of project work and undertake assignments in other countries
- As an owner-managed family enterprise close to Stuttgart’s city center with a company tradition of over ninety years, we provide engineers with an environment that unites enduring value with innovative capability.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits and flexible working hours.
- Conveniently located offices with company car park and nearby tram stops.
- An office canteen with a choice of freshly prepared menus.
- Wide degree of latitude so you can work under your own responsibility.
- Company get-togethers, sporting activities, training and further education programs as well as languages courses.
- As a member of a team, you can always rely on the support of your colleagues in a working environment that promotes job satisfaction.
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Thomas Agethen on +49 (711) 8995 1595.Apply now Go back to the list