With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany’s leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and tackle challenging projects in more than 100 countries. Among our clients are companies from the sectors of central utility supplies and waste management, international development and commercial banks, investors, public administrations, and energy-intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients a unique combination of engineering consultancy with classical management consultancy.
To maintain our sustainable growth process, we are looking to fill a position at our Stuttgart offices as soon as possible with an experienced:
Engineer (m/f) for Heat Networks / District Heating
This business division deals with all power plant processes based onall available fossil fuels. It focuses on gas turbine and combined cycleprocesses, coal-fired power plants, diesel-fired power plants, andwaste-to-energy power plants, along with the detailed engineering ofcorresponding technologies, systems and components.
- Planning the integration of district heating and steam systems into power plant/heat generation fleets as well as their renewal.
- Developing maintenance strategies.
- Planning and monitoring the execution of corresponding systems.
- Analyzing, optimizing and renewing existing networks and facilities, as well as devising concepts for developing new service territories.
- Degree in energy and utility engineering or a similar qualification.
- Several years of professional experience in the district heating sector.
- Very good knowledge of district heating supply networks (planning (including network calculations), construction, operation, and maintenance).
- Experienced team player who sees himself/herself in the role of planner and advisor. Good project management skills.
- Fluent in English and Russian, with a good command of German.
- Engineer with inter-cultural experience who is willing to travel in the course of projects, primarily in Eastern Europe/Russia.
- As an owner-managed family enterprise close to Stuttgart’s city center with a company tradition of over ninety years, we provide an environment that unites enduring value with innovative capability.
- Attractive international development prospects at a global player in the consultancy business.
- Long-term development opportunities, with our staff’s average length of service standing at 11 years.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits and flexible working hours.
- Conveniently located offices with company car park and very good connections to public transportation.
- An office canteen with a choice of freshly prepared menus.
- Wide degree of latitude so you can work under your own responsibility.
- Communal sporting activities, training and further education programs as well as languages courses.
- Culture of staff appreciation and equal opportunity in an international job environment with staff originating from more than 30 nations.
- As a member of a team you can always rely on the support of your colleagues in a working environment that promotes job satisfaction.
If you have any questions regarding the position on offer, please contact Thomas Agethen on +49 (711) 8995 1595.Apply now Go back to the list